I have scoured the Internet, unsuccessfully, trying to find a Hermione Granger Time Turner from Harry Potter. Apparently they were all destroyed in 1996 in the battle at the Ministry of Magic. Oh well it sure would’ve been helpful.
The challenge for business owners today is finding time to manage their online marketing efforts & social networks. A business owner could easily spend 8 hours a day just doing social media. But unfortunately most owners wear many hats and marketing is only one of them. Customer service and the day-to-day operations do take priority.
Here are five time-saving ninja marketing tips to manager your social networks.
- Schedule 30 minutes first thing in the morning and 30 minutes right after lunch or in the late afternoon to review your social networks. Interact with all comments made to your posts and comment or retweet posts made by friends and followers.
- Use an aggregator to monitor your social networks. Programs such as Tweetdeck, and Hootsuite are 2 such services that will pull the feeds from Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn into one site for monitoring, commenting and sharing.
- Schedule your updates. One great feature of both Tweetdeck and Hoot Suite is the ability to schedule your tweets or Facebook updates in advance. Once a week you can plan your week’s updates, and schedule them for the day, time and even the specific site you want them posted to.
- Install the Hoot Suite plug-in for Firefox. If you use Firefox as your browser, Hoot Suite offers a plug-in that makes it easy to share articles and blog posts to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and even schedule them to post at a more desirable time.
- Combine your Facebook and Twitter feeds into Google +. Even though the aggregator programs have not yet incorporated Google + into their platform, there are G+ apps already that will add your Twitter and Facebook feed so it can be monitored with your G+.
Do you have any other time saving tips? Feel free to share them.
Are you new to Google + or curious about how to get started? Download my free Guide to Google + at www.800bizninjamarketing.com. Gary Wagnon is the CMN (Chief Marketing Ninja) at 800biz Online Marketing Solutions. Using an integrated approach to online marketing (combining web site design, search engine optimization, social media and action driven content), 800biz specializes in helping businesses stand out above the competition and drive more traffic to their door.